Energy and environmental management
Waste management concept
BRUCHA’s waste management concept was drawn up by an independent environmental civil engineer and is regularly re-certified. The measures taken are refined in line with requirements.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management Certification
External auditors from Lloyd’s Register – LRQA Austria regularly check that our environmental management system complies with ISO 14001.
Environmental Product Declaration under ISO 14025 and EN 15804
BRUCHA has received EPD Environmental Product Declarations for the BRUCHAPaneel PU and Fire-protection roof, wall and cladding panels. The life cycle assessment (LCA) for the production was calculated in line with the Product Category Rules (PCR), which specify the requirements and are used for ECO-design product development.
- EPD BRUCHAPaneel panel PU roof DP
- EPD BRUCHAPaneel panel PU wall WP
- EPD BRUCHAPaneel panel PU cladding FP
- EPD BRUCHAPaneel panel fire-protection roof DP-F
- EPD BRUCHAPaneel panel fire-protection wall WP-F
- EPD BRUCHAPaneel panel fire-protection cladding FP-F
BREEAM – BRUCHA Sustainability - Fact sheet
These fact sheets provide specific product information on building certification guidelines under BREEAM (Building Research Establishment's Environmental Assessment Method) and on how BRUCHAPaneel complies with these requirements.
This information is based on the BREEAM technical manual (2014).
- BREEAM fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel PU roof DP
- BREEAM fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel PU wall WP
- BREEAM fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel PU cladding FP
- BREEAM fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel fire-protection roof DP-F
- BREEAM fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel fire-protection wall WP-F
- BREEAM fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel fire-protection cladding FP-F
LEED v4 – BRUCHA Sustainability - Fact sheet
These fact sheets provide project teams with detailed product information on building certification guidelines under LEED v4 (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) and on how BRUCHAPaneel complies with these requirements.
The information is based on LEED v4 credit library (2014-07).
- LEED fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel PU roof DP
- LEED fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel PU wall WP
- LEED fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel PU cladding FP
- LEED fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel fire-protection roof DP-F
- LEED fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel fire-protection wall WP-F
- LEED fact sheet for BRUCHAPaneel panel fire-protection cladding FP-F
Austrian Energy Efficiency Act
By installing a 400 m long district heating pipeline between the biomass heating system and the EPS production
All data accessed with just one click - DGNB Navigator connects manufacturers and users
The DGNB Navigator is a central platform connecting manufacturers with users (architects, planners, investors, craftspeople, auditors, etc.). The standardised DGNB system provides optimum product information, ensures reliability in planning and bridges the gap between construction product and user.
Cradle to Cradle
When a manufacturer is awarded the C2C quality seal, they commit to maintaining an ongoing improvement process in the areas of:
- Material Health
- Material Reutilization
- Renewable Energy/Carbon Management
- Water Stewardship
- Social Fairness
As the leading manufacturer of sandwich panels, BRUCHA focuses on certified quality and service enhancements by gradually reducing harmful substances, recycling, and working towards superior material recovery innovations.
BRUCHA’s environmental policy
Taking responsibility for the environment and our fellow humans
As a family-run business with local roots, we place great importance on sustainability and active preservation of resources and the environment. This is why we enshrined these values in our company philosophy and code of conduct, in the form of our environmental management system according to ISO 14001 in force since 2013.
With regular reviews and audits, we are able to ensure the highest-quality implementation, documentation and maintenance of environmental management across our organisation. This ensures that we honour our obligations under the ISO 14001 certification in the long-term, adhere to an ongoing improvement process and comply with statutory regulations and environmental legislation and guidelines.
Since we must all do our bit to protect the environment, all our employees and contractors are made aware of this company-wide code of conduct, which they can consult at any time. And being environmentally aware does not in any way affect company profits – if anything, it boosts them.
With a view to a smart “eco-design”, we analyse the origin of materials and how they have been processed as early as during the development and planning stage.